11.20.2006

I'm convinced it's super-important to reach back into the past every once in a while and remind yourself of the way things used to be. For example, I watched some home videos yesterday and the memories flooded back. There was one when I was 10, another when I was 15. One had me playing guitar. I was good for a year of playing guitar, but horrible compared to now, so that was really encouraging, considering I've had a nagging thought for the past few years that I wasn't really growing in my guitar-related skills. It was interesting to get sort of an insight into my 15-year old mindset, during one of the toughest times of my life. It's so amazing what Jesus has done in the past 9 years, from then until now. I'm blown away. God help us not to take for granted every single blessing we receive from a God who had and has every right to remove everything good from our lives due to our repeated failures and sins. Grace is truly amazing. It's interesting that this post comes during thanksgiving season, when we're supposed to thing about stuff like this. Shouldn't that be every day? I'm guilty of becoming complacent with the things around me and with God Himself. My desire is to find delight in the small things of life and see God where He is, everywhere.

No comments: